List of Features
- The software is an open-source project licensed under the GPL.This means you get the source code and can make any modifications you wish provided you make your modifications available to the community.
- Multiple hardware interfaces supported one of which is the Quad Radio PCI card
- No central authority for authorizing connections. You are free to use ours (Allstar Link), or set up a your own completely isolated network of systems.
- All of the security features in Asterisk are at your disposal (Public/Private keys, IP address filtering) plus, a Registration-based authentication method for Allstar nodes to handle Internetconnections with dynamic IP addresses
- The ability to remotely execute a DTMF command on any node from any other node.
- Have multiple repeaters interfaced at one site while only running one instance of app_rpt and Asterisk on one computer. Repeaters can be in the same or different groups so that you can have, for example, Amateur and GMRS repeaters controlled by the same computer but set up in a way that they can never be interconnected.
- app_rpt is a repeater controller, not just a voice gateway.
- app_rpt and Asterisk can run on a Mini-ITX embedded PC powered off of 13.8VDC using Limey Linux and a Compact Flash Boot Device.
- Autopatch, and Reverse Autopatch over traditional landlines or through a VOIP service provider. VOX-based or full duplex.
- VHF/UHF remote base operation using the TM-271A, or Kenwood TMG-707A
- HF remote base operation using the Yeasu FT-897 or ICOM IC-706 all-mode radios.
- Secure remote base access using individual user logins to prevent unauthorized access.
- Ad-hoc connectivity. Any node can connect with any other node. Any number of nodes can connect to a node (subject to bandwidth limitations).
- IAX2/ADPCM (g726aal2) uses 55 kilobits of bandwidth. Optionally, GSM may be employed to reduce the bandwidth to 35 kilobits.
- Interoperability with Echolink
- Control and access to the radio via dialup
- iaxRPT soft dispatch console
- Facilities to integrate with existing addressable full duplex RF linked systems.